Sunday, March 13, 2011

Identity Collage

Identity Collage
     When doing the collage, I didn’t know what to put on there. I thought about music because I listen to it a lot so I decided to put Jimi Hendrix next to Bob Dylan and also the Rolling Stones. These are three of my favorite music selections to listen to. Bob Dylan being next to Jimi Hendrix is supposed to mean something. I put Dylan next to Jimi because Jimi Hendrix was supposed to have really liked Bob Dylan’s songs. In a documentary, his drummer was telling a story about when someone would mention Bob Dylan’s name, Jimi would get all exited. Jimi also was supposed to have carried a book of all of Bob Dylan’s songs and albums. He would refer to it daily. The Rolling Stones speak for themselves. They have so many songs and everyone liked them.
     At the top is my family. Me, my dad, my mom, and my brother. We all like sports and different teams so I decided to put a little picture of them next to a football team they like. I prefer the San Francisco 49er’s. They arent doing good right now, but its all good.
     I coverd the bottom and sides with leaves and grass because I like to be outside. The grass will die soon so the green wont last that long. The picture of someone hugging a Siberian Husky is of me and my dog Samson. Next to it is a no cat sign because I don’t like cats. All of the ones I met are mean. My frend had one and it seemed nice until it scratched me. Then my friend Mehrdad was going to pick it up and asked my friend Michael if it would be okay. He said ya, but I told him he shouldn’t. he picked it up and the cat bit him. So pretty much I havent found a nice cat. There is also a picture of some books I have read. On top is my Xbox 360. The books are books that I have read and I like reading, but I prefer videogames. I get to be the person that books are talking about so it makes it better. The picture of me and my friends at Disneyland is split by an Army lightning bolt because my friend went to the Army on February 24. He had to be at a hotel two days before so my friends and I drove over to Los Angeles to see him for the last time for a good while. I put that because he was one of my best friends so it was something big that happened recently. There is a picture of Pink Floyd. I like them and I believed that there needed to be something there so I put that.
I also cut out a picture of me and drew big arms shoulder pressing a barbell because I enjoy working out. I try to work out every day out of the week, but sometimes to take the weekends off because I am sore. That is also why I put a picture of a UFC fighter kneeing someone in the face next to boxing gloves. I kickbox for a workout and lift weights. I also bought focus mits, so I use them with my friend Jesus. I put those two together because I like them both, buit they are completely different. Alost of people who like boxing don’t like MMA. That is mixed martial arts; its what the UFC fighters do. Boxing is just on part of MMA. MMA is better because it incorporates all aspects of fighting. It has boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, Jiu Jitzu, and there are different fight styles that are incorporated into MMA to make that person even better. Boxing is one of the earliest fighting sports and should be respected, but MMA is better and different.  There are two skateboards in a cross because I am a christian and I used to skate. I don’t really skate that much any more, but I used to skate everyday. It was fun; very tiring but fun. It took time to do. Sometimes it would be so frustrating to learn or do a trick and it would just piss me off. Then there were times when I fell. I never broke anything when skating, but I should have. One time may friends and I took the bus to Diamond Bar. There was a cool school over there with a six, four, and two stair pyramid, they were all connected. Next to them was huge hills my friend Jesus and I decied to bomb them. We got to the top and my friend jumped on his board while I puched around ten times. I was going about 45 miles an hour and I started to get the speed wiggles. Those are created when going really fast; the board starts to wiggle real fast. I started to stabalize my legs and I hit a pile of pebbles. I did like ten front flips and came to a stop in the middle of the street. I got to see my friend bomb the hill to the end and ollie up the curb! I couldn’t believe it. Good thing I didn’t make it down the hill because we thought about it later and at the bottom is like a ten lane freeway entrance. I may have gotten hurt if I made it but good thing I didn’t. I covered my head with my elbows so my skin was just scratched off on the bottom of my arms, but it was fun. It was funny, when going back home this lady insisted on me having one of her disinfectant wipes. She made me have it.
The collage was fun. Hard to think of what to put on and how, but it went over well and I had a good time.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jonathon,

    Nice effort on the collage. Did you watch my video on the collages?

    http://cypress-art100.blogspot.com/2011/03/identity-collages.html

    You wrote a really wonderful description of your work, but in the video I try to start you thinking about a collage that can "stand on its own" without having to be explained. It might help! :)

    See you in class!

    -- Glenn

    ReplyDelete